Sunday, July 4, 2010

bubbles


with d as my babe, i think it is fair to say that life will always be interesting. today, for the second time this week, i discovered our little investigator with a soapy head. i was curious about the soapy head and asked her what might make her do such a thing... twice.

her response...

i not know. it's funny, momma. i'm like the picture. and then she giggled (which as a side note, is one of my favorite sounds in the world. d has a giggle like no other and it makes just about anything that is less than funny immediately funny).

and with a sigh and a smile, i plopped my little bug onto the kitchen counter for a little hair wash, salon style.


i am pretty certain that this might have enhanced the "soapy head" experience for her. earlier this week when she soaped her head (and the better half of our downstairs bathroom) i put her in the tub for a rinse. today, since it was contained to the head and she had just gotten dressed (by herself because that's the way she rolls) i opted for the sink. she was skeptical at first but then became enthralled as the experience unfolded. good news for me: more soapy heads and bathrooms are likely in my future... because i don't already have enough things to clean up. (don't let the sarcasm fool you, i wouldn't want my d any other way.)



and while i washed her head (making my charming hubby take photographs), i thought about two things. first, i contemplated her remark... "like the one in the picture". what was she talking about? i went through and tried to think of the pictures we might have seen over the course of the week. ding, ding, ding! it came to me... as part of my reward (ok, it's really bribery) attempts to keep d in her room for nap time i've been letting her pick out a reward each day after she has a successful nap that doesn't include any alcatraz-like escape strategies. on monday, the reward was a little book about opposites (photographed above). and there you have it, folks. apparently, i am responsible for the head and bathroom soaping experience. i did in fact give her the book. all d did was try to replicate the picture. she just didn't happen to have access to a shower cap like the kid in the photo. not her fault, right?



the second thing i thought about while i rinsed my delightful d's head concerned the soap that my girl used. let me just say, i'm pleased as a peach that my mischievous d chose shaklee's get clean hand soap. it's non-toxic and chemical free. while i'm not a big fan of wasting stuff, it was reassuring that she made such a body-safe choice in her soaping tools (not a tear in spite of the fact that there was a lot of the soapy stuff dripping down her head and into her eyes- not because the hair washer wasn't doing a good job, but because the soap application may have missed the target... or not really have had a target in mind as they were slinging soap around my bathroom and sudsing up... verdict still out on that one).


got "get clean"? i think you should (picture me with a big smile as i shamelessly plug my new found love in shaklee).

No comments:

Post a Comment