Tuesday, August 17, 2010

a cali garden at the peak of the season

typically, this season is filled with the bounty from my garden. i've shared stories with you of bunnies munching our harvest, shown pictures of my cucs and tomatoes, and talked about the life lessons i glean while tilling the soil. this year... not so much.

my friend dawn sold me on earth boxes. i was all ready to place my order a few months back, and then became unreasonably frugal when i got to the "confirm order" button. i opted to go it on my own with basic patio containers from home depot. bad choice.

i had no idea how little rain this part of the world gets between may and the present. when i say little, i really mean none. no joke. i don't think that i have seen a rain drop in the last 3 1/2 months. i'm not complaining, well, at least not about the rain. but it has been an interesting learning curve in the gardening department. next year, i'm going with the extra pricey, but bounty guaranteed earth boxes.

this year, my harvest consists of this:
one measly tomato. it had better be good.

1 comment: