Sunday, March 6, 2011

when life hands you lemons

or in our case a lemon tree and a mandarin tree, well of course, you must pick the lemons and mandarins.
and make some lemonade...


"it is rather tasty", says my eldest taste tester.



but in her opinion, the oj is a little tart. either way, we are making about a batch of each a week (thinking i might swing for the electronic juicer in the new future). yes, life handing you an abundance of lemons will land you in the garden of lemonade eden...


but as we have learned, it will also lead to some other less predictable things... like the lemon stick sculpture that i spied from my new kitchen window a few weeks back.



or it might lead to a cozy lemon bonfire... and you know a bonfire is always better when snuggled together.


and i have also witnessed that it makes for a great centerpiece at the kiddie play table.


2 comments:

  1. so cute! I love that you have fruit trees. miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm so glad you blogged!! I've been missing you popping up on my google reader!! Secondly, I love this post! Your girls are so precious and creative. And seriously! You have fruit trees!! I just paid 79 cents for a lemon this morning at the store!! Geesh.

    xoxoxo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete