Friday, September 18, 2020

water is life

the fam and i took a covation break this week to so-cal because, does it really matter where you zoom from?  we all needed a change of scenery and we thought we might get in a final fall surf trip when the oft chilly pacific ocean is at its warmest.  

i love beach walks.  i swear i could wander in any direction for miles losing track of time and getting lost in thought.  i know that isn't super original, but it is my beach thing.  i look for sea glass, pray, absorb the beauty and the smells of the sea and get lost in thought.

today, i wandered down the strip of sand for a bit.  after i cleared the main drag where most of the beach goers hang, it started to get rocky.  i was walking along and noticing the lack of a clean and clear pathway.  the beach was covered in rocks which were dry and baking in the sun up against the bluff.  grey, dull and rounded from the crashes in the waves that carried them to their final destination or destination for now.

after a bit of this, i wandered down to the waters edge to cool my toes in the surf.  and as the sun hit the rocks, it was hard to not notice a drastic change.  as they glistened in the water and shone in the sun, their colors were brighter.  the contrast deeper.  the speckles and stripes and vivid colors popped.



and just like that my God voice kicked in.  "tasha, you know that verse, the one where i tell you that i am the living water (john 4:10)?  and the other one where i tell you to abide in me (john 15:4)?  that is like these rocks- the rocks that are in the water, resting in me are illuminated, accentuated, shining in all their splendor- they are as i have created them with all their gifts."


 

"and the ones up by the bluff- drying out after crashing upon the shores?  they are not shining in their full glory.  they are dulled and tired and dried out.  beauty is within them.  yes.  but it can't emerge until the sun shines upon them and they bask in the waters."

and my heart smiled at the way my Father speaks to me- in His time, using His creation, teaching me His lessons for me right now.

i don't know about you, but this covid-life has turned my normal life program upside down.  i usually listen to my bible audio while making dinner with earbuds in.  since covid has kept the buser five united 24-7 (ish) there is always someone around... talking to ME.  it has kept me from my regular scheduled "abide in me- the living water" routine. while it has held a lot of good, it has also been a struggle.  i have missed my jesus time and have been trying to figure out when it works best.  it has been hard.  

i am getting back into a routine, but it hasn't come easy.  today was a reminder of what i need to fight for.  the space out of the water leaves me dull, sad and not my best version.  life is found in Him.  

i don't know where you are, but carve it out.  put yourself in the water (the bible) and bask in truth because it is really the only place where we shine our best.  fight for your time with Him because when you do, he shines upon you and illuminates the best version that you were designed for.  

and if you need encouragement or accountability or someone to chat with about any of this... please know you are not alone.  i got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment