Wednesday, June 23, 2010

cheers

my dear friend has been anxiously awaiting the news that she and her hubby can go to ethiopia to meet their new baby. they have been waiting for a really long time. she posted a picture of her fridge yesterday because she said that she is often intrigued by the contents. that resonates with me. i often look into my own ice box and consider if what's inside reflects the way that i say we live. i go on record professing to be organic, a foodie of sorts, and a lover of fresh produce. after reading my friends post i opened my fridge to examine it. it's a hot mess! i am in desperate need of a grocery run, but i thought i'd share a glimpse.


my friend also highlighted a bottle of bubbly that she just put on ice for the day they get their big news. it made me smile and secretly wish that i could live nearby (like i once did) to clink glasses with them when that news comes.

and so, i too, added a bottle of bubbly to my chiller. although we won't get to share in this moment physically, we will in spirit. love you, sweet girl and can't wait until you get that call.

1 comment:

  1. Oh!!! This is the sweetest, most beautiful post. And that's saying a lot, because most posts here are beautiful and sweet!!! Your fridge is great...I admit I studied it! Isn't it interesting!!? Anyway, I cannot wait to toast with you!!! Trust me, you'll be among the first to hear. I'd love a picture of you and the bubbly on that beautiful day!! Love you!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete